#010: Lydia Martin/Allison Argent

Yes, I also watch things that aren't anime! I know, I know, Teen Wolf isn't exactly stellar in terms of live-action shows, but it's fun. It's pure entertainment and only Jackson manages to piss me off but he's supposed to, so it's okay.
Anyway, this is probably the first femslash ship I independently stated my support for XD Scott is…exceptionally boring and tends to fall into the "he-man protector" role when Allison is perfectly capable of taking care of herself. Their relationship feels like it's based more on hormones and, "you're hot, I like you," rather than a strong bond. Jackson, for his part, treats Lydia like shit and I find it difficult to believe that he has or had any feelings for her beyond a trophy girlfriend. Lydia may have or have had feelings for him, but I don't think he actually reciprocates.
Lydia and Allison, on the other hand, have wonderful chemistry together. I love their scenes together because it's somewhat "tomboy and girly-girl," except that they both also embody traits of the label they don't identify with. Allison is happy to embrace being a "girly-girl" while still retaining her badass side ("Can't I go to prom and still be strong?"), and Lydia can be very level-headed in extreme situations (when she's…not out of her mind with hallucinations and panic attacks) without feeling like she's compromising her femininity. (She plays the ditz for Jackson's ego, but she's clearly unhappy that, at least to Jackson, being attractive also means being an airhead.)
Lydia is wicked brilliant and Allison can appreciate that level of intelligence in a partner without feeling inferior. Allison is strong and extremely capable of defending herself and her loved ones, and she will go back for a friend without a second thought - something I don't think Jackson would be capable of, even if it's for somebody he loved. It's not to say Lydia needs protection, but she is a civilian in all of this and significantly underpowered, physically. Her strength lies in her brain, which I think could pair very well with Allison's brawn. Romantically, I think they could temper each other very well and keep each other on track. They're very supportive people and genuinely want to help, and with their various issues, it's beneficial to them both that they have a partner who understands and doesn't brush off their concerns.
So…yes. I have a lot of feels for a femslash ship! I think they're adorable and I kept yelling at them to dump their respective idiot boyfriends and get together because goddamn, Scott is pigheaded and as dumb as a box of hair, and Jackson is a whiny, spoiled-brat douchebag, and neither of them exactly deserve girlfriends as awesome as the ones they have.
Where they met: In high school
Who would make the first move: Depends on who realized their attraction first
Who would kiss who first: Lydia would probably have to
Who would start the relationship: It would be a mutual thing, but I think Lydia would have the definitive word about it.
What they (would) get each other as gifts: Allison would get Lydia really cute little accessories and maybe some archery lessons. Lydia would get Allison something girly she could wear when she wasn't fighting, though she might try to find something feminine and practical, too. Or a trip to a day-spa.
What they do for holidays: Probably hang with Allison's family
Are they/would they get married: Lydia probably has had her wedding planned since she was small, and she's not going to let a lesbian relationship ruin her dream, dammit! Besides, now she gets to find two gorgeous gowns~
Where did/would they go on their honeymoon: Wherever it is, Lydia probably picked the place, and it probably has a spa and an indoor pool and all sorts of awesome amenities.
Favorite place to be together: Generally, if they're not in danger, they're pretty happy.
Dream vacation spot: They both probably have their own that they'd tell you, and they're probably radically different.
Favorite non-sexual activity together: Shopping, hanging out, just being normal teenagers
What they do when they're apart: They're not bothered so much, but Lydia would worry a bit if Allison was out hunting.
What they fight about and how often: They probably have little squabbles about stupid things, but they're not huge fights.
Who handles the cooking: Both, possibly.
Who handles other domestics: Both.
Their thoughts on children: Allison may not want to put another child through what she went through, and Lydia would probably be torn between "no kids = more money for shopping" and "kids = tiny things she can buy adorable clothes for." It'll probably end up being Allison's decision.
Their thoughts on pets: Probably something low-maintenance but able to be accessorized.
What they would do if the other was hurt: Minor injuries, they'd take care of easily. More serious injuries, they'd freak out, try to get help, and try to do as much as they could to help.
Their nicknames for each other: No idea.
Who steals the covers: Allison, probably, though Lydia could be a cover-hog, too.
Who handles big decisions: Lydia takes charge of most of the household stuff and what Allison is going to do with her free time, but Allison does balk when she doesn't agree.
Who takes the lead in bed: Whoever's feeling like it.
Who's the big spoon/little spoon: Allison is the big spoon to Lydia's little spoon.

Yes, I also watch things that aren't anime! I know, I know, Teen Wolf isn't exactly stellar in terms of live-action shows, but it's fun. It's pure entertainment and only Jackson manages to piss me off but he's supposed to, so it's okay.
Anyway, this is probably the first femslash ship I independently stated my support for XD Scott is…exceptionally boring and tends to fall into the "he-man protector" role when Allison is perfectly capable of taking care of herself. Their relationship feels like it's based more on hormones and, "you're hot, I like you," rather than a strong bond. Jackson, for his part, treats Lydia like shit and I find it difficult to believe that he has or had any feelings for her beyond a trophy girlfriend. Lydia may have or have had feelings for him, but I don't think he actually reciprocates.
Lydia and Allison, on the other hand, have wonderful chemistry together. I love their scenes together because it's somewhat "tomboy and girly-girl," except that they both also embody traits of the label they don't identify with. Allison is happy to embrace being a "girly-girl" while still retaining her badass side ("Can't I go to prom and still be strong?"), and Lydia can be very level-headed in extreme situations (when she's…not out of her mind with hallucinations and panic attacks) without feeling like she's compromising her femininity. (She plays the ditz for Jackson's ego, but she's clearly unhappy that, at least to Jackson, being attractive also means being an airhead.)
Lydia is wicked brilliant and Allison can appreciate that level of intelligence in a partner without feeling inferior. Allison is strong and extremely capable of defending herself and her loved ones, and she will go back for a friend without a second thought - something I don't think Jackson would be capable of, even if it's for somebody he loved. It's not to say Lydia needs protection, but she is a civilian in all of this and significantly underpowered, physically. Her strength lies in her brain, which I think could pair very well with Allison's brawn. Romantically, I think they could temper each other very well and keep each other on track. They're very supportive people and genuinely want to help, and with their various issues, it's beneficial to them both that they have a partner who understands and doesn't brush off their concerns.
So…yes. I have a lot of feels for a femslash ship! I think they're adorable and I kept yelling at them to dump their respective idiot boyfriends and get together because goddamn, Scott is pigheaded and as dumb as a box of hair, and Jackson is a whiny, spoiled-brat douchebag, and neither of them exactly deserve girlfriends as awesome as the ones they have.
Where they met: In high school
Who would make the first move: Depends on who realized their attraction first
Who would kiss who first: Lydia would probably have to
Who would start the relationship: It would be a mutual thing, but I think Lydia would have the definitive word about it.
What they (would) get each other as gifts: Allison would get Lydia really cute little accessories and maybe some archery lessons. Lydia would get Allison something girly she could wear when she wasn't fighting, though she might try to find something feminine and practical, too. Or a trip to a day-spa.
What they do for holidays: Probably hang with Allison's family
Are they/would they get married: Lydia probably has had her wedding planned since she was small, and she's not going to let a lesbian relationship ruin her dream, dammit! Besides, now she gets to find two gorgeous gowns~
Where did/would they go on their honeymoon: Wherever it is, Lydia probably picked the place, and it probably has a spa and an indoor pool and all sorts of awesome amenities.
Favorite place to be together: Generally, if they're not in danger, they're pretty happy.
Dream vacation spot: They both probably have their own that they'd tell you, and they're probably radically different.
Favorite non-sexual activity together: Shopping, hanging out, just being normal teenagers
What they do when they're apart: They're not bothered so much, but Lydia would worry a bit if Allison was out hunting.
What they fight about and how often: They probably have little squabbles about stupid things, but they're not huge fights.
Who handles the cooking: Both, possibly.
Who handles other domestics: Both.
Their thoughts on children: Allison may not want to put another child through what she went through, and Lydia would probably be torn between "no kids = more money for shopping" and "kids = tiny things she can buy adorable clothes for." It'll probably end up being Allison's decision.
Their thoughts on pets: Probably something low-maintenance but able to be accessorized.
What they would do if the other was hurt: Minor injuries, they'd take care of easily. More serious injuries, they'd freak out, try to get help, and try to do as much as they could to help.
Their nicknames for each other: No idea.
Who steals the covers: Allison, probably, though Lydia could be a cover-hog, too.
Who handles big decisions: Lydia takes charge of most of the household stuff and what Allison is going to do with her free time, but Allison does balk when she doesn't agree.
Who takes the lead in bed: Whoever's feeling like it.
Who's the big spoon/little spoon: Allison is the big spoon to Lydia's little spoon.


